European shares touch two-month high on hopes for a Ukraine ceasefire
(Updates prices at settle)
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 0.7 pct, Euro STOXX 50 up 1.2 pct
* Investors bet on eastern Ukraine ceasefire after Russia talks
* ECB stimulus bets further support market
* Hermes falls on LVMH deal
* Hugo Boss drops after share placement
By Francesco Canepa
LONDON, Sept 3 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Wednesday and a key index climbed to a two-month high on speculation about a ceasefire in eastern Ukraine and more stimulus from the European Central Bank.
Russian President Vladimir Putin said on Wednesday a deal to end fighting in eastern Ukraine might be reached this week, which some took as an attempt to show the West he was trying to de-escalate the conflict. Continuación...