UPDATE 3-Sanofi shares sink as diabetes sales slow, CEO pressured
* Sees flat diabetes sales in 2015 amid pricing pressure
* Still expects 2014 business EPS to rise 6-8 percent
* Shares fall 8 pct, their biggest drop in five years
* Q3 sales rise 5.1 percent to 8.781 bln euros
* Q3 business net income 1.935 bln euros, EPS 1.47 (Adds context, updates shares and comments)
By Natalie Huet
PARIS, Oct 28 (Reuters) - French drugmaker Sanofi said sales growth at its leading business of diabetes treatments would stall next year due to tough competition on prices in the United States, sending its shares down more than 8 percent on Tuesday.
The diabetes headache adds to uncertainty surrounding France's biggest drugmaker, whose German-Canadian chief executive has been forced to defend his position following reports the board chairman was seeking to replace him.
The drop in Sanofi's shares was the steepest in five years and wiped 9.2 billion euros ($11.7 billion) off the company's market value. Shares of its main rival in the diabetes field, Denmark's Novo Nordisk, fell close to 3 percent. Continuación...