UK Stocks-Factors to watch on March 3
(Adds company news)
LONDON, March 3 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening about 6 points higher, or up 0.1 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.1 percent lower at 6,940.64 points in the previous session after setting a new record high.
* BARCLAYS - The bank set aside 750 million pounds more for potential foreign exchange fines and litigation as the British bank's annual profits rose a higher-than-expected 12 percent thanks to a sharp cut in costs.
* GLENCORE - Miner and commodity trader Glencore said it had taken an impairment charge of $1.1 billion on lower commodity prices, as it posted a 2 percent fall in 2014 core profit, in line with analysts' expectations.
* PADDY POWER - The company will return 392 million euros ($439.28 million) to shareholders after the Irish gambling company said it had failed to identify any compelling acquisitions to spend its cash on following a year of record profit growth.
* TAYLOR WIMPEY - The British housebuilder said it had seen a strong start to the spring selling season as it posted a 68 percent rise in 2014 profit and more than doubled its final dividend.
* TRAVIS PERKINS - Britain's biggest supplier of building materials posted a 14.9 percent rise in 2014 earnings and said it was confident it can continue to outperform the markets it operates in over the year ahead and the medium-term.
* DIRECT LINE INSURANCE GROUP - The company announced to raise final dividend by 4.8 percent to 8.8 pence/share. Continuación...