European shares slip off highs as Veolia and Barclays fall
* European stock markets fall but stay near multi-year highs
* FTSEurofirst down 1 pct to 1,545.35 points
* DAX near record highs, FTSEurofirst near 7-yr high
* Veolia falls after Groupama sells stake
* Strong German retail sales keep sentiment positive
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, March 3 (Reuters) - European stock markets slipped from multi-year highs on Tuesday, pegged back by falls in French environment company Veolia and British bank Barclays .
Traders said the pullback was relatively minor, given a strong run since the start of 2015 that has seen a major regional index rise 13 percent. Better-than-expected German retail sales data also kept the German stock market near record highs.
Veolia fell 3 percent after insurer Groupama sold a 5.1 percent stake in the company. Continuación...