DAX hits record high as weak euro boosts European shares
* FTSEurofirst 300 ends 1.5 pct higher
* Rebound comes despite Wall St slump overnight
* Germany's DAX hits new record high
* Sector consolidation prospects lift Telecom Italia
* Euro's renewed slump boosts European exporters
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, March 11 (Reuters) - European shares bounced back on Wednesday from a sharp sell-off in the previous session, as a drop in the value of the euro lifted stocks in the region's exporters and sent the German market to a record high.
Telecom Italia surged 7.7 percent, which traders said was down to expectations of a consolidation in the domestic mobile phone sector.
Germany's DAX, whose constituents include major exporters BMW and Volkswagen, closed up 2.7 percent at 11,805.99 points - a record closing level for the index. Continuación...