Energy shares outperform weak European markets after Shell-BG deal
* FTSEurofirst 300 ends down 0.04 pct at 1,611.68 points
* STOXX Europe energy sector up 2.5 pct
* European Q1 earnings seen up 0.4 pct yr-on-yr: Rtrs data
* Greek market falls ahead of IMF loan deadline
* Julius Baer touches record high on bid speculation
By Blaise Robinson
PARIS, April 8 (Reuters) - European energy shares outperformed other sectors on Wednesday after Royal Dutch Shell's $70 billion bid for BG sparked a rally.
The STOXX Europe 600 Oil & Gas Index, hammered over the past year as oil prices tumbled, closed up 2.5 percent to outperform the pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index which ended flat at 1,611.68 points.
BG shares jumped 26.7 percent, Tullow Oil climbed 4.4 percent and BP gained 0.5 percent. Royal Dutch Shell fell 5.3 percent, reflecting the premium it is paying for BG. Continuación...