UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 9
LONDON, April 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up by 23 to 27 points, or 0.4 percent higher on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.4 percent at 6,937.41 points on Wednesday.
* Engineer GKN and fashion retailer Next are among companies going ex-dividend on Thursday.
* MULBERRY : Fashion and women's handbags company Mulberry forecast profits slightly ahead of market expectations.
* SHIRE : Shire's Alagille syndrome drug does not meet a study goal, the drugmaker said.
* CO-OP: Britain's Co-Operative Group, the supermarket to funerals operator that came to the brink of collapse in 2013, said it had returned to profit in 2014 thanks to a rescue programme.
* AFREN : Oil company Afren said it had delayed interest payment on 2019 bonds. Continuación...