UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 13
LONDON, April 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract slipped 0.3 percent on Monday, and the cash market was also expected to ease back off record highs with weak China data set to weigh on mining stocks. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index ended up 1.1 percent at 7,089.77 points on Friday, its highest ever closing level. It had earlier set an intraday record high of 7,095.36 points on Friday as well.
* UK ELECTION: Britain's opposition Labour party have taken a 3 percentage point lead over Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservatives according to a YouGov opinion poll ahead of the May 7 general election.
* CHINA DATA: Data showed China's export sales contracted 15 percent in March while import shipments fell at their sharpest rate since the 2009 global financial crisis, a shock outcome that deepens concern about sputtering Chinese economic growth.
* OIL: Oil prices inched up on Monday following a strong session on Friday.
* COPPER: London copper was flat on Monday after surprisingly weak China trade data was offset by a jump in March copper imports, which were plumped up by bookings made a month earlier when imports were cheaper.
* EASYJET : British low-cost airline easyJet named Andrew Findlay as its new chief financial officer, poaching him from bicycle retailer Halfords . Continuación...