European shares depressed by earnings, luxury proves a drag
* FTSEurofirst 300 dips 0.1 pct
* Luxury stocks among worst performers
* Lower crude prices weigh on oil-and-gas sector
* Tesco rises despite worst-ever loss
* Still bullish on European equities-trader
By Lionel Laurent
LONDON, April 22 (Reuters) - Company earnings depressed Europe's regional stock indexes on Wednesday, with the luxury sector dragging on the market.
Luxury groups Richemont and Kering were among the worst performers after Richemont warned its net profit for the year would drop by 36 percent and Kering posted a bigger-than-expected drop in sales.
However, shares in Tesco rose more than 1 percent as investors and analysts bet the worst of its losses were behind the retailer after news that property writedowns brought on its worst-ever loss. Continuación...