UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 13
(Updates futures prices, adds company news)
LONDON May 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening around 16 points higher, or up 0.2 percent, on Wednesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Futures for the index were up 0.3 percent by 0643 GMT.
* The blue-chip index fell 1.4 percent to 6,933.80 points in the previous session. It hit a record high of 7,122.74 points last month and remains up around 6 percent since the start of 2015.
* China's factory output rose 5.9 percent in April compared with the same period last year, slightly below forecasts and reinforcing expectations that the government will have to step up its efforts to boost the cooling economy.
* COMPASS GROUP - The world's biggest catering firm reaffirmed its full-year expectations after posting a 5.7 percent rise in half-year revenue due to strong demand in North America and a return to growth in Europe and Japan.
* BARRATT DEVELOPMENTS - Britain's biggest housebuilder by volume said it expected to build more houses this year than previously forecast, thanks to strong demand and rising sales.
* PARTNERSHIP ASSURANCE - The specialist annuity provider's sales fell 61 percent from a year earlier to 99 million pounds ($155.2 million), though individual annuity sales came in above forecast and the company said the longer-term outlook was strong.
* TUI GROUP - The world's largest leisure tourism group said it was on track to grow underlying profits by between 10 and 15 percent this year as it announced plans to sell British hotel booking website LateRooms. Continuación...