UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 18
(Adds futures price, company news items)
LONDON May 18 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures edged up 0.1 percent on Monday, with the stock market likely to get some support from firmer commodity prices. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down 0.2 percent at 6,960.49 points on Friday.
* BHP BILLITON : BHP Billiton's spin-off South32 debuted near the bottom of expectations on Monday as investors awarded only a small premium to the new listing amid concerns about broad weakness in the resources sector.
* RIO TINTO : Global miner Rio Tinto plans to sell some of its aluminium assets in a potential $1 billion deal, the Financial Times reported, reviving a sale plan for its Pacific Aluminium unit two years after it was cancelled.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND : A U.S. judge on Friday ordered Nomura Holdings Inc and Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc to pay a collective $806 million for making false statements in selling mortgage-backed securities to Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
* BWIN.PARTY /888 HOLDINGS : British online gaming company 888 Holdings Plc said it had submitted a proposal to buy Bwin.Party Digital Entertainment Plc in cash and shares, as it saw "significant industrial logic" in the combination. Continuación...