European shares recover from lows following mixed PMI data
* FTSEurofirst 300 ends 0.4 percent higher
* France's CAC outperforms German DAX after better PMIs
* Scandinavian shares lead rebound
* Monte dei Paschi leads Italy lower
* German-listed Joyou slumps more than 80 percent (Adds detail)
By Alistair Smout and Lionel Laurent
LONDON, May 21 (Reuters) - European shares were mixed on Thursday, recovering from lows after data pointed to contrasting fortunes in major euro zone economies, with German private-sector growth slowing again in May even as France extended its timid recovery.
France's CAC was up 0.3 percent after manufacturing and services sectors improved in France, making it Europe's major outperformer.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose 0.4 percent to 1619.85 by the close, having been as much as 0.4 percent lower in early trade. Continuación...