European shares slip off 3-week high as Richemont retreats
* FTSEurofirst 300 edges down off 3-week high
* Richemont falls after weak sales figures
* London and Wall St closed for holiday on Monday
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, May 22 (Reuters) - European shares slipped off three-week highs on Friday, with luxury goods group Richemont falling on weak sales, while a rebound in the euro also pegged back the region's stock markets.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which had reached a three-week high on Thursday, was down by 0.3 percent at 1,613.84 points by the middle of the trading session.
European equities have rallied this year on the back of a government bond buying programme and record low interest rates from the European Central Bank (ECB). These have hit returns on cash and bonds and driven investors over to the better returns on offer from the stock market. Continuación...