European shares hover near 3-week high but luxury stocks fall
* FTSEurofirst 300 near 3-week high
* Weak Richemont sales figures weigh on luxury stocks
* London and Wall St closed for holiday on Monday
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, May 22 (Reuters) - European shares hovered near three-week highs on Friday, boosted by a dip in the euro on currency markets, although luxury goods stocks underperformed after weak sales figures from Richemont.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index advanced 0.2 percent to 1,622.12 points going into the close of the trading session. The index has risen nearly 20 percent since the start of 2015 and was at its best level in around three weeks.
European equities have rallied this year on the back of a government bond-buying programme and record low interest rates from the European Central Bank (ECB). These have hit returns on cash and bonds and driven investors over to the better returns on offer from the stock market. Continuación...