European stocks fall on Greek and Spanish political concerns
* Greece's ATG index falls on renewed debt default worries
* Spanish stock market drops after local election results
* Volumes thin with London, Frankfurt and New York closed
* Monte Paschi shares rise after launching new rights issue
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, May 25 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Monday, with the Spanish and Greek stock markets hit by investors' concerns over Greece's debt problems and a poor local election result for the government in Madrid.
Athens' main ATG equity index fell 3.1 percent as the Greek government said on Monday that it intended to make good on its debt obligations but urgently needed aid to be able to do so. The ATG is down by around 1.5 percent since the start of 2015, underperforming other European stock markets.
The Greek government's comments came as several senior officials insisted Athens had no money to pay a loan installment due next week. Continuación...