WRAPUP 4-Blatter defies calls to quit as FIFA scandal widens
(Fixes typo in lead)
* UEFA's Platini tells Blatter to quit
* Blatter says he cannot monitor everything
* FIFA faces warnings from sponsors
* Western politicians critical, Putin backs Blatter
* Graphic: link.reuters.com/fac84w
By Mike Collett and Brian Homewood
ZURICH, May 28 (Reuters) - The corruption charges engulfing soccer's governing body have heaped shame and humiliation on the game, FIFA President Sepp Blatter said on Thursday, although he flatly rejected calls to resign over the scandal.
With FIFA facing the worst crisis in its 111-year history, Michel Platini, who heads Europe's soccer confederation UEFA, said he had told Blatter to go "with tears in my eyes", but the 79-year-old had refused. Continuación...