European shares dip as Athens angst fails to abate
* Athens' ATG falls 1.7 pct, underperforms FTSEurofirst 300
* Tech shares outperform on M&A activity in sector
* Sweden's Fingerprint Cards surges nearly 20 pct
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, May 28 (Reuters) - European shares retreated on Thursday, as lingering uncertainty over Greece's debt problems held back the region's stock markets.
European equities had rallied on Wednesday on reports of a staff-level agreement between Greece and its creditors, until German Finance Minister Wolfgang Schaeuble said not much progress had been made.
Athens' benchmark ATG equity index closed down 1.7 percent, underperforming a 0.5 percent decline on the pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index. The ATG is up 1.4 percent since the start of 2015, compared with an 18 percent gain for the FTSEurofirst. Continuación...