LONDON, June 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening up by 18-34 points, or as much as 0.5 percent higher, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down by 0.8 percent at 6,984.43 points on Friday.
* CHINESE ECONOMY: Growth in China's giant factory sector edged up to a six-month high in May but export demand shrank again, prompting companies to shed jobs and keeping alive worries about a protracted economic slowdown, a government survey showed on Monday.
* FIFA: Britain said Europe should consider boycotting future World Cups if Sepp Blatter doesn't quit as head of soccer's governing body over a corruption scandal, while Swiss authorities denied they would soon question the newly re-elected FIFA president.
* BRITISH MANUFACTURING: Britain's manufacturing sector is likely to grow less this year than previously thought due to reduced investment by oil and gas companies, the country's main trade association for manufacturers said on Monday.
* BARCLAYS : Investment bank Stifel Financial Corp is in advanced negotiations to acquire Barclays Plc's U.S wealth management unit, according to three people familiar with the situation.
* WPP : British-based advertising company WPP Plc may face opposition from its shareholders at its annual meeting on June 9 over Chief Executive Martin Sorrell's 43 million sterling 2014 compensation, the Financial Times reported.
* DELOITTE UK: Accountancy firm Deloitte UK is considering merging with Benelux partner firms, the Financial Times reported.
* TELECITY : U.S. data center company Equinix Inc said on Friday it would buy British peer TelecityGroup in a deal worth 2.35 billion pounds ($3.6 billion) that would also end Telecity's pursuit of a smaller European rival.
* OIL: Crude oil prices dipped early on Monday on expectations OPEC output would remain high after rising in May.
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit topnews.session.rservices.com * BridgeStation: view story .134 For more information on Top News visit topnews.reuters.com (Reporting by Sudip Kar-Gupta)