European shares fall as spike in euro, yields unsettles investors
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 1.6 pct
* Euro rise, spike in yields cast shadow on prospects
* Syngenta rises on BASF bid interest
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Francesco Canepa and Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, June 4 (Reuters) - Top European shares fell to their lowest level in almost a month on Thursday as a jump in the euro and a spike in bond yields cast a shadow on borrowing costs and export prospects for companies in the region.
The European Central Bank's insistence on Wednesday that there was no need to adjust monetary policy in the face of volatility rattled financial markets. German Bund yields hit their highest in eight months and the euro eyed its biggest two-day gains in over six years.
The FTSEurofirst 300 index was down 1.6 percent at 1,545.35 points at 0923 GMT, hitting its lowest level since May 7. A close below 1,519 would be the lowest since February. Continuación...