UK Stocks-Factors to watch on June 9
(Adds futures price, company news items)
LONDON, June 9 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract fell 0.2 percent on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed down by 0.2 percent at 6,790.04 points on Monday.
* HSBC : HSBC will cut almost 50,000 jobs from its payroll, take an axe to its investment bank and shrink its risk weighted assets by $290 billion in an effort to improve its sluggish performance, Europe's biggest bank said on Tuesday.
* TESCO : British retailer Tesco Plc has invited at least six firms including KKR & Co and Carlyle Group to bid for its South Korean unit Homeplus, valued at about $6 billion, people familiar with the matter told Reuters.
* APPLE /APPLE PAY: Apple Inc plans to introduce its mobile payments service to the UK next month, supported by major banks and high-street retailers and the operator of the London Underground, the technology company said on Monday.
* OLD MUTUAL : Old Mutual Asset Management has filed a registration statement with the U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) for a proposed public offering of Old Mutual Asset Management's shares. Continuación...