Telecom Italia and energy firms outperform weaker European stocks
* Telecom Italia up on report Vivendi to increase stake
* Rise in oil price lifts energy stocks
* Greece concerns, U.S. rate hike prospect dampens sentiment
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, June 17 (Reuters) - European stock markets edged lower on Wednesday, as lingering concerns over Greece's debt problems offset gains in Telecom Italia and energy shares.
Traders were also reluctant to add to equity positions before a U.S. Federal Reserve meeting later in the day, with many investors expecting the Fed to signal that U.S. interest rates will be increased in September.
Athens' benchmark ATG equity index edged down 0.3 percent, with the broader, pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index slipping 0.1 percent. Germany's DAX fell 0.1 percent, while France's CAC declined 0.5 percent. Continuación...