UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 13
(Adds futures price, company news items)
LONDON, July 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract fell 0.6 percent on Monday, as euro zone leaders demanded Athens enact key reforms this week before they open talks on a financial rescue to keep it in the euro currency area. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 1.4 percent at 6,673.88 points on Friday, marking its highest level in more than a week.
* GREECE: Euro zone leaders argued late into the night with near-bankrupt Greece at an emergency summit, demanding that Athens enact key reforms this week to restore trust before they will open talks on a financial rescue to keep it in the European currency area.
* PLATFORM SPECIALTY /ALENT : Chemicals maker Platform Specialty Products Corp said it would buy Alent Plc for about 1.35 billion pounds ($2.09 billion) in cash.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND : Royal Bank of Scotland is winding down its Greek operation and is putting its $5 billion shipping loans portfolio up for sale as the group scales back non-core activities, finance sources familiar with the plans said on Friday.
* AMPLATS : World no. 1 platinum producer Anglo American Platinum said on Monday it expected its interim earnings to rise by almost 1,500 percent as it recovers from a five-month strike last year and benefits from a weaker rand currency. Continuación...