UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 15
(Adds futures price, company news items)
LONDON, July 15 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures contract was flat , with spreadbetters calling the cash market up by 0.1-0.3 percent at the open. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on .
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.2 percent at 6,753.75 points on Tuesday.
* BHP BILLITON : BHP Billiton on Wednesday said it will take a $2 billion impairment on its U.S. shale operations - the third writedown in three years.
* BURBERRY : British luxury goods maker Burberry on Wednesday posted underlying growth of 8 percent in first quarter retail revenue, a slowdown from the previous period partly reflecting a further deceleration in Hong Kong.
* CHINESE ECONOMY: China's economy grew an annual 7 percent in the second quarter, steady with the previous quarter and slightly better than analysts' forecasts, though further stimulus is still expected after the quarter ended with a stock market crash.
* IAG /AER LINGUS : IAG has gained European Union antitrust approval for its 1.3-billion-euro ($1.4 billion) bid for Irish carrier Aer Lingus after agreeing to make concessions to ease competition worries, the EU Commission said on Tuesday. Continuación...