UPDATE 2-France, China weigh on Carrefour Q2 sales, Brazil resilient
* Q2 sales 21.4 bln euros vs poll 21.3 bln euros
* Q2 French like-for-like hypermarkets up 0.5 pct
* Rise compares to 2.1 pct in Q1
* 2.5 bln euro mkt estimate for 2015 EBIT "reasonable" - CFO
* Market conditions not right now for Brazil IPO - CFO (Adds details from CFO call, shares, analysts)
By Dominique Vidalon
PARIS, July 16 (Reuters) - Carrefour, Europe's largest retailer, on Thursday reported a slowdown in second-quarter sales reflecting competitive pressure in its top French market and slumping sales in China amid weak consumption.
Sales however picked up in Spain, the group's third-largest market, and held up well in a slowing Brazilian economy, unlike those of smaller rival Casino.
Carrefour, which makes 73 percent of its sales in Europe, is seeking to seal a global revival by focusing on price and cost cuts, expansion into smaller convenience stores, while also renovating its core traditional hypermarket network to boost growth despite weak consumer spending. Continuación...