UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 21
(Adds futures prices, company news)
LONDON, July 21 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 10 to 12 points higher, or as much as 0.2 percent, on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Futures for the index were flat by 0646 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.2 percent firmer at 6,788.69 points in the previous session.
* British car insurance premiums jumped by more than 5 percent in the second quarter compared with the previous three months, and a rise in insurance tax is likely to add to price increases, recovery service the AA said on Tuesday.
* ROYAL MAIL - Britain's postal firm Royal Mail posted flat revenue in its first quarter and said it would continue to focus on cost controls this year as letter volumes fall and competition holds back growth in the parcels market.
* CABLE & WIRELESS COMMS - The telecoms group active in the Caribbean and Latin America said demand for broadband and video helped it grow in the first quarter, as mobile revenue stalled.
* HSBC - Banco Bradesco SA, Brazil's No. 2 private-sector bank, late on Monday began exclusive talks to acquire HSBC Holdings Plc's Brazilian unit, according to a person with direct knowledge of the transaction.
* STANDARD CHARTERED - New York state's banking regulator has intensified an investigation into Promontory Financial Group, a global consulting firm, over its work for Standard Chartered, according to a person familiar with the matter. Continuación...