European stock markets climb higher, Italcementi surges
* FTSEurofirst up 0.8 pct, Euro STOXX up 0.7 pct
* Italcementi jumps after bid from HeidelbergCement
* Peugeot rises after solid results
* Schneider Electric falls after cutting forecasts
* Fed to issue policy statement at 1800 GMT
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - European shares climbed on Wednesday, lifted by strong corporate results and bid activity including a move HeidelbergCement to take control of Italcementi.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose 0.8 percent, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index moved up 0.7 percent. Both are up around 14 percent so far in 2015.
Global stock markets have lost ground over the last month, due to concerns over China's economy and Greece's debt crisis, but a stabilisation of the volatile stock markets in Shanghai and Shenzhen on Wednesday propped up Asian shares. Continuación...