European stock markets advance, Italcementi surges
* FTSEurofirst up 0.5 pct, Euro STOXX up 0.4 pct
* Italcementi jumps after bid from HeidelbergCement
* Peugeot rises after solid results
* Schneider Electric and Saipem fall after cutting forecasts
* Fed to issue policy statement at 1800 GMT
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, July 29 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Wednesday, lifted by strong corporate results and bid activity including HeidelbergCement's move to take control of Italcementi.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index rose 0.5 percent, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index rose 0.4 percent. Both are up roughly 13 percent so far in 2015.
Global stock markets have lost ground over the last month, due to concerns over China's economy and Greece's debt crisis, but a stabilisation of the volatile stock markets in Shanghai and Shenzhen on Wednesday propped up Asian shares. Continuación...