UPDATE 1-Casino reorganises Latam operations as Brazil lags
* Casino pools Latam operations under Colombia's Exito
* Exito buying half Casino's GPA voting shares, all of Libertad
* Exito paying total of 1.7 bln euros
* Casino eyes cost savings, savings, cash optimisation from deal
* Casino H1 op profit down 36.2 pct as Brazil, France weigh (Adds details, analyst, shares, cross ref to earnings statement)
By Dominique Vidalon
PARIS, July 30 (Reuters) - French retailer Casino is pooling its Latin America operations under Colombian unit Exito in a bid to boost savings and generate more cash.
The move comes as Casino, which makes 60 percent of its sales in emerging markets and controls Brazil's top retailer Grupo Pao de Acucar, faces slow economic growth in its top market Brazil.
Casino also on Thursday reported a 36.2 percent fall in first-half group operating profit, blaming on losses in France following price cuts. Continuación...