UK Stocks-Factors to watch on July 31
(Adds futures price, company news items)
LONDON, July 31 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 futures were flat on Friday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on .
* The UK blue chip index closed up 0.6 percent at 6,668.87 points on Thursday.
* LLOYDS : Lloyd Banking Group said it had set aside a further 1.4 billion pounds ($2.2 billion) to compensate customers mis-sold loan insurance, taking its total bill for the scandal to 13.4 billion pounds.
* BG : BG Group's core earnings nearly halved in the second quarter after a huge hit from persistently weak oil prices, though the company'[s results still beat market expectations.
* WPP : Martin Sorrell's WPP and buyout firm Providence agreed on Friday to buy British marketing group Chime Communications for 374 million pounds ($584 million) in a bid to turn the smaller group into a global sports marketing agency.
* IAG : British Airways-owner IAG, close to sealing its takeover of Aer Lingus, reported a forecast-beating 40 percent rise in quarterly profit, which it said put it on track to meet its annual target. Continuación...