European shares hurt by disappointing earnings; Athens retreats further
* FTSEurofirst falls back 0.2 pct, Euro STOXX down 0.4 pct
* Athens market drops 2.2 pct after Monday's 16 pct fall
* Worries over stalled reforms hit Credit Agricole shares
* BMW down as earnings momentum slows
* Continental AG rises after hiking outlook (Adds closing prices)
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Aug 4 (Reuters) - European stock markets lost ground on Tuesday, with French bank Credit Agricole among the worst performers after reporting results, and energy stocks hit by weak oil prices.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index was down 0.2 percent at 1,580.93 at the close, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index was down 0.4 percent.
Athens' stock market, which slumped 16 percent on Monday after a five-week shutdown, fell a further 1.2 percent. Greece has had to introduce capital controls and is seeking a new bailout deal following a debt crisis. Continuación...