European shares rise as SocGen surges and car stocks rally
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 1.3 pct, Euro STOXX 50 up 1.6 pct
* SocGen jumps after Q2 results
* Greek shares fall but Pictet ups European stocks exposure
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Aug 5 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Wednesday with Societe Generale surging as the French bank became the latest major company in the region to post forecast-beating earnings.
European carmakers, which fell in late July on concerns about a slowdown in their important Chinese market, also rallied, with Renault rising after Exane BNP Paribas increased its price target on the stock.
Technology stocks were steady after weakening in the previous session following a slide in Apple shares, but Greek stocks were down for a third straight day with Athens still seeking a new bailout deal. Continuación...