European shares drop on global slowdown worries and new Greek vote
* FTSEurofirst 300 closes down 1.9 pct
* German DAX index hits lowest level since January
* Athens' ATG down 3.5 pct as new elections loom
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Aug 20 (Reuters) - European stock markets extended their losing streak on Thursday, with benchmark indexes in Frankfurt and London hitting seven-month lows as fears of a global economic slowdown took hold.
The Athens stock market also fell 3.5 percent as the country looked set for new elections on Sept. 20.
Greek Prime Minister Alexis Tsipras had been expected to seek early elections to quell a rebellion in his leftist Syriza party and seal support for a painful bailout programme. Continuación...