European stocks lose more than 400 bln euros in value after China rout
* FTSEurofirst down around 5 pct
* Euro STOXX Volatility Index hits new highs
* FTSEurofirst lost over 1 trln euros since start of month
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Alistair Smout
LONDON, Aug 24 (Reuters) - European stocks slumped on Monday following a rout in Chinese markets, wiping hundreds of billions of euros off leading shares and sending one benchmark index to a seven-month low.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 was down 5.1 percent to 1,354.98 points by the middle of the trading session, wiping off more than 400 billion euros ($460 billion) from the index's total market capitalisation. Continuación...