European shares up as Sept. U.S. rate rise seen less likely
* FTSEurofirst 300 and Euro STOXX 50 up around 3 pct
* FTSEurofirst still down around 10 pct in August
* Fed's Dudley: Sept rate hike seems "less compelling"
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v (Updates prices, adds company news)
By Sudip Kar-Gupta and Liisa Tuhkanen
LONDON, Aug 27 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Thursday, buoyed by gains on Asian and U.S. markets after a U.S. central bank official said the prospect of a September rate hike seemed "less compelling" than before.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which fell 1.9 percent on Wednesday, bounced back up by around 3 percent, as did the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index .
Bouygues was one of the best performing stocks, rising 6.2 percent after the French conglomerate lifted the profit goal for its telecoms arm. Continuación...