European shares fall as Fed paints downbeat picture on economy
* FTSEurofirst and Euro STOXX 50 down around 1 pct
* Hella slumps after profit warning
* Ingenico surges on Worldpay IPO move
* Europe bourses in 2015: link.reuters.com/pap87v
* Asset performance in 2015: link.reuters.com/gap87v
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Sept 18 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Friday as the U.S Federal Reserve's downbeat comments on the state of the global economy overshadowed its decision to keep interest rates on hold.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index declined by 0.9 percent while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index fell 1 percent.
The Fed left interest rates unchanged on Thursday amid worries about the global economy, financial market volatility and sluggish inflation at home. It left open the possibility of modest rate rises later this year. Continuación...