European shares led lower by Glencore, VW
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 1.1 pct, Euro STOXX 50 down 1.65 pct
* Glencore set for worst daily drop on debt worries
* VW shares fall to 4-yr low as emissions scandal rumbles on
* Vodafone down after ending talks with Liberty Global
* Banks help Spain's IBEX outperform after Catalan vote
By Sudip Kar-Gupta and Danilo Masoni
LONDON, Sept 28 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Monday, with miner Glencore seeing nearly a quarter of its value wiped out by debt concerns and carmaker Volkswagen , which has been hit by an emissions data scandal, extending losses.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index was down 1.1 percent, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index fell 1.65 percent, with both markets retreating after rising by around 3 percent on Friday.
European stock markets have steadily lost ground from peaks reached in April, partly due to concerns about an economic slowdown in China. Continuación...