European shares end lower led by Glencore, Volkswagen
(Adds closing prices)
* FTSEurofirst 300 and Euro STOXX 50 down over 2 pct
* Glencore down almost 30 pct on debt worries
* VW closes below 100 euros for first time in 4 years
* Vodafone down after ending talks with Liberty Global
* Spain's IBEX down 1.5 pct after Catalan vote, banks outperform
By Danilo Masoni
LONDON, Sept 28 (Reuters) - European shares closed sharply lower on Monday, with miner Glencore seeing one third of its value wiped out by growing debt concerns and carmaker Volkswagen, which has been hit by an emissions data scandal, extending losses.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index ended down 2.21 percent, while the euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index fell 2.37 percent, with both markets retreating after rising by around 3 percent on Friday. Continuación...