European shares lifted by rise in auto and mining stocks
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 1.5 pct, Euro STOXX 50 up 1.2 pct
* Traders hope for more stimulus measures in China
* Firmer metals prices boost mining stocks
* VW considering steps to prop up credit rating -sources
* Glencore rallies after upbeat notes from Citi and Barclays
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - European shares rose on Thursday as a rebound in mining stocks and gains in the automotive sector lifted the region's markets back up following the end of a bruising third quarter.
European stocks were also supported by gains overnight on Asian and U.S. equity markets, with some traders viewing more weak Chinese data as a sign that Beijing may undertake further measures to bolster the country's economy.
However, shares in telecoms group Altice fell by 3.3 percent after Altice announced a capital increase to help fund its takeover of Cablevision. Continuación...