UPDATE 4-Santander defies Brazil gloom, beats capital and profit forecasts
* Q1 net profit 1.63 bln euros, beats forecasts
* Fully-loaded CET 1 capital ratio at 10.27 pct
* Shares up 1.2 percent, outperform peers
* Net profit in Brazil falls 25 pct
* CEO says Brexit would impact bank's finances (Adds comments from CEO on Brexit)
By Jesús Aguado and Angus Berwick
MADRID, April 27 (Reuters) - Banco Santander answered long-standing investor questions with an improved capital ratio on Wednesday, which combined with an above forecast profit pushed its shares higher.
Overall group profit at the euro zone's biggest bank beat average analyst forecasts, despite it reporting a near 5 percent slide in net profit in the first quarter due to a deepening recession and falling currency in Brazil, its second-biggest market.
Once converted into euros, profit also dipped in Britain, the Spanish bank's largest market and where Chairwoman Ana Botin has said the bank has contingency plans in case voters support a British exit from the European Union at a referendum in June. Continuación...