European equities slide as Ukraine tensions worsen
* Traders cite concerns over escalating Ukraine tension
* Euro STOXX Volatility Index rises by more than 10 pct
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 1 pct
* Euro STOXX 50 falls 1.3 pct
* February equity market rally starting to stall
* Allianz falls on asset management weakness
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, Feb 27 (Reuters) - Poor corporate news combined with escalating political tension in Ukraine on Thursday to knocked back European stock markets, putting a brake on this month's rally and causing market volatility to rise.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which rebounded in February to approach its highest level since May 2008, fell 1 percent to 1,335.02 points in mid-session trading, adding to a 0.2 percent dip on Wednesday caused by a drop in luxury goods and financial stocks. Continuación...