RPT-Fiat's UK-style revival plan faces Italian hurdles
* Italian revival plan aims to transform ageing model line-up
* Maserati and Alfa Romeo the focus of revival plan
* To unveil cabriolet version of Alfa Romeo 4C coupe at Geneva car show
* Hopes to tap overseas demand to offset weak core markets
* Unions doubt promise to save all Italian sites, re-instate workers
By Agnieszka Flak and Laurence Frost
MILAN/PARIS, March 3 (Reuters) - Idle plants, surly unions and a weak, ageing model line-up - the challenges facing Fiat Chrysler's Italian revival sound a lot like the British car industry's low point in 1982.
CEO Sergio Marchionne will be hoping the similarities don't end there as he orders up sporty new Alfa Romeos and sleek Maseratis in a bid to repeat in Italy what British brands like Mini and Jaguar have since achieved under foreign ownership. Continuación...