European shares bounce after heavy Ukraine-driven selling
* FTSEurofirst 300 up 1.2 pct
* Euro STOXX 50 rises 1.3 pct
* Banks and Glencore among top performers
* Prospect of de-escalation in Ukraine dispute lifts stocks
* Equity markets bounce back from sharp fall on Monday
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, March 4 (Reuters) - European shares rebounded on Tuesday from sharp losses in the previous session, with banks and miner Glencore among the top performers, on tentative signs of a de-escalation in belligerence between Ukraine and Russia.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index, which fell 2.2 percent on Monday, bounced back to stand 1.2 percent higher on the day at 1,334.54 points in early session trading.
The euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index, whose 3 percent fall on Monday marked its worst decline since June 20 last year, also rebounded by 1.3 percent to 3,094.70 points. Continuación...