UPDATE 1-Ukraine tensions and China weakness hit European shares
* FTSEurofirst 300 down 0.4, Germany's DAX down 0.9 pct
* Report of Russian shots in Ukraine reignites sell-off
* Mining shares hurt again by soft Chinese data
* Bouygues-Iliad deal sparks rally in French telcos
* Periphery outperforms as investors bet on local recovery
By Francesco Canepa
LONDON, March 10 (Reuters) - European shares fell for the second straight session on Monday, hit by tensions between Russia and Ukraine and weak economic data from the world's second-largest economy, China.
Most European indexes swung lower in the afternoon after the Interfax news agency reported Russian troops had opened fire with automatic rifles during a takeover of a Ukrainian naval post in Crimea.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index closed 0.4 percent lower at 1,320.98 points after re-testing a low set last week earlier in the session, in a broad sell-off involving most sectors. Continuación...