UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on April 10
(Adds futures, company news, details,)
LONDON, April 10 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 10 to 12 points higher, or as much as 0.2 percent, on Thursday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* Futures for the index are up 0.4 percent by 0634 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index closed up 44.92 points, or 0.7 percent, at 6,635.61 points on Wednesday.
* British house prices unexpectedly picked up speed in March and sales reached a six-year high, a survey showed on Thursday, suggesting the market is still firmly on the rise, after recent releases indicated a slight loss in momentum.
* ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND - The bank has agreed to pay 1.5 billion pounds ($2.5 billion) to cancel an arrangement that gives the government priority over dividends, clearing an obstacle to the lender's eventual privatisation.
* MARKS & SPENCER - British retailer Marks & Spencer's non-food sales fell for an eleventh consecutive quarter, the firm said on Thursday, increasing the pressure on management to explain why heavy investment has not yet delivered an anticipated turnaround.
* VODAFONE GROUP - India's Piramal Enterprises Ltd said it agreed to sell an about 11 percent stake it owns in the Indian unit of Vodafone Group to the British group for 89 billion rupees ($1.48 billion).
* ROYAL MAIL - Britain's newly-privatised Royal Mail warned an investigation into a rival's complaint over wholesale mail price rises would lead to a long period of uncertainty around the prices it charges other postal operators. Continuación...