UPDATE 1-UK Stocks-Factors to watch on May 1
(Adds futures, news)
LONDON May 1 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening 5 points higher, or 0.07 percent, according to financial bookmakers. Futures for the index are up 0.2 percent by 0639 GMT.
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.2 percent higher at 6,780.03 points in the previous session after hitting an intraday peak of 6,794.88, the highest level since early March.
* Trading volumes are likely to be thin as other stock markets in Europe are closed for the May Day holiday.
* LLOYDS BANKING GROUP - The bank reported a 22 percent increase in first-quarter pretax profit and said it continued to expect to apply for permission in the second half of the year to restart dividend payments.
* BG - Britain's third-biggest oil and gas company reported a 6 percent fall in first-quarter operating profit as it struggled with lower output and continued troubles at its Egyptian liquefied natural gas (LNG) plant.
* ROLLS-ROYCE - The company said it was on track to report flat revenue and profit in 2014, in line with an earlier forecast, and said that a one-off charge in its marine unit meant that its performance would be weighted to the second half.
* BSKYB - British pay-TV operator BSkyB added 74,000 net new TV customers in the third quarter, more than double the growth it recorded last year, as it shrugged off the competition from BT.
* SCHRODERS - The British fund manager said assets under management rose to a record 268 billion pounds ($452.53 billion) in the first quarter of 2014 after it took in new money across a range of products. Continuación...