Worries over China and Ukraine peg back European shares
* London market closed for public holiday
* Euro STOXX 50 falls 0.4 pct
* Weak China data and Ukraine tensions weigh on equities
* UBS equity strategists cut China rating to "neutral"
* M&A could boost markets in May - Clairinvest fund manager
By Sudip Kar-Gupta and Blaise Robinson
LONDON, May 5 (Reuters) - European shares fell on Monday, as weak Chinese manufacturing data and concerns about new signs of conflict in Ukraine weighed on the region's stock markets.
The euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index was down by 0.4 percent at 3,166.51 points in early session trading.
Germany's DAX, which hit a record high of 9,794.05 points in late January, slipped 0.2 percent to 9,537.35 points while France's CAC also retreated 0.2 percent to 4,448.33 points. Continuación...