European shares hit by losses in Milan, Lisbon after weak GDP
* FTSEurofirst 300 closes down 0.8 pct at 1,357.51 points
* Lisbon and Milan stock markets hit by weak economic data
* FTSE MIB in biggest one-day fall since Feb 2013
* FTSEurofirst 300 retreats from 6-year highs
* DAX briefly hits record high but then closes down 1 pct
* Euro STOXX Volatility up 9.9 pct at 17.45 points
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, May 15 (Reuters) - News that the Portuguese and Italian economies contracted in the first quarter hit shares in Lisbon and Milan on Thursday, knocking back European stock markets from multi-year highs.
Italy's FTSE MIB equity index finished 3.6 percent lower, its biggest one-day fall since February 2013, while Portugal's smaller PSI-20 benchmark index fell 2.7 percent. Continuación...