Italy leads Europe shares higher, France lags in election aftermath
* Italy's FTSE MIB outperforms as Renzi wins EU vote
* Pro-EU forces keep majority after European election
* French CAC lags after National Front win
* Germany's DAX briefly hits new record high
* London, New York closed for public holiday
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, May 26 (Reuters) - European equities rose on Monday, with Italy's FTSE MIB outperforming after Prime Minister Matteo Renzi's centre-left Democratic Party's reforms were endorsed by a strong showing in European elections.
The FTSE MIB rose 2.9 percent, outpacing other major European indexes, as domestically focused banks including as UBI Banca and BP Milano rallied.
Germany's DAX - where the establishment also performed well - hit a record high of 9,876.10 points, before settling back to 9,867.92 points, a rise of 1 percent. Continuación...