European shares lifted by ECB and strong U.S. data
* FTSEurofirst 300 rises around 1 pct, back near 6-1/2 year high
* Euro STOXX 50 closes up 1.2 pct at 3,289.75 points
* DAX back over 10,0000 points
* Strong U.S. jobs data buoys stock markets
* ECB's accommodative stance also props up equities
By Sudip Kar-Gupta
LONDON, July 3 (Reuters) - European shares headed back towards multi-year highs on Thursday, as a jump in U.S. employment growth and further signs of support from the European Central Bank (ECB) lifted equities.
The pan-European FTSEurofirst 300 index closed up around 1 percent at 1,398.24 points, a whisker away from the 6-1/2 year high of 1,399.62 points reached in late June.
The euro zone's blue-chip Euro STOXX 50 index rose 1.2 percent to 3,289.75 points while Germany's DAX advanced 1.2 percent to 10,029.43 points - close to a record high of 10,050.98 points hit last month. Continuación...