Adidas 2 Nike 0 in World Cup final but competition goes on
* Nike hurt by exit of Brazil, Neymar, Ronaldo
* Most top scorers at World Cup wear Adidas boots
* Adidas targets 2014 soccer sales of $2.7 bln
* Nike football sales in 2013/14 jump to $2.3 bln
* Adidas sells millions of Germany shirts, boots
By Emma Thomasson
BERLIN, July 10 (Reuters) - With Adidas sponsoring both teams in Sunday's World Cup final, the German sportswear brand has declared victory over U.S. rival Nike in the latest round of its battle to remain the biggest global soccer brand.
The two companies dominate a soccer kit industry worth more than $5 billion a year, sharing more than 80 percent of the market for many products, but Nike has been threatening Adidas' leadership, including in its home territory of western Europe.
While Adidas has supplied the match ball for the World Cup since 1970, Nike kitted out more teams at the competition in Brazil for the first time, 10 out of the 32 teams including the hosts, compared with nine for Adidas. Continuación...